We extend a warm welcome to the garden enthusiasts who walked the Greendale gardens on Saturday July 9, 2016.
And a special THANK YOU to our featured gardeners.
The next Greendale Garden Gazing walk will be on
Saturday July 7, 2017.
In 1995, the Greendale Garden Gazing Club began an annual celebration of the featured gardens in the Village of Greendale. Our garden walks in the past years have proven to be a tremendous success as hundreds of people strolled through uniquely beautiful gardens. Featured garden participants exchange information and gardening ideas with each guest who visit their yards. Greendale Garden Gazing Club members volunteer at rest areas, served refreshments, and aided walkers along the route. Because of the fabulous reception by participants and guests in past years, we are looking forward to next year’s garden walk with excitement.
On Saturday July 8, 2017, the twenty-third annual Greendale Garden Gazing Walking Tour will begin at the Greendale Gazebo, located in the village center of beautiful, historic downtown Greendale. On that day, from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon, rain or shine, Greendale Garden Gazing club members will be there to greet you and to give you a map of the tour route. Our easy to follow map, arrow signs, and famous chalk arrows will guide you on your way!
- Take Highway 894 to the 60th Street exit.
- Drive south on South 60th Street approximately one and a half miles to West Grange Avenue (4 way stop).
- Continue across Grange Avenue (heading south) on South 60th Street. 60th Street becomes Northway.
- Stay on Northway as it curves to the right into the Village Center to Broad Street, a 3-way stop.
- Turn left on Broad Street (our colonial-style Village Hall is on your right).
- One block south on Broad Street, past the Village Shops, to the 4 way stop sign – the picturesque Gazebo is on the southeast corner on your left – Free parking is available near that intersection. See Google Map below.
The walking tour starts at the scenic Greendale Gazebo where you can pick up your official Greendale Garden Gazing map. Once you have your map, you’re ready to leisurely stroll along the self-guided tour as you visit the featured gardens. The map, signs, our famous chalk arrows, and signposts in front of the featured gardeners will guide you along the way. Homeowners will be available to answer your questions about their gardens. These gardeners are warm and friendly and will make your walk a pleasure. They have worked hard on their gardens, and are generous enough to show them to you. Pick your own pace as there will be a rest area and refreshments along the way. Depending on how many interesting things you find on the walking tour, it should take between one and two hours. Stop at the Gazebo when you finish your tour to enter the FREE raffle drawing, and to enjoy the musical entertainment. There is no charge for the walking tour, but donations to defray our expenses are gladly appreciated.